Wednesday 12 May 2010

On medical accuracy

Such is my relationship with Mr A that he is willing to read my blog on a regular basis. He sends me emails pointing out which medical concepts I have fluffed up or misunderstood and then I come back to edit, rewrite or post anew.

This morning I got an email from him because he was troubled about the accuracy of the orange-scoring analogy. Okay, so I might have exaggerated it - I've only got two or three ray-shaped scars on my new breast (it's unclear for reasons I shall expand upon in the future). I suspect Mr A's problem is the photo of the orange I've featured has many more flaps cut into it than my skin had.

Now you might think at this point it is time to give up on the orange analogy. But Mr A is willing to work with me here:

"...orange peel needs to be modified. Idea is fantastic but tiny bit of change and I will try to do this for you tomorrow as I need to go buy an orange :)"

I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Who'd have thought I'd have my surgeon making me fruit sculptures in the name of medical accuracy?

No comments:

Post a Comment