Tuesday 7 February 2012

Breast cancer surgery: stories from 1930 onwards

On Tuesday 29 December 2011, BBC Radio Cornwall broadcast an interview my surgeon and I did about my book project, Mermaids and Monsters, a history of breast cancer surgery. I'm looking for patient stories to help paint a picture of what it was like for women in the recent past to undergo surgery for breast cancer. I have access to archives from hundreds of years ago, but all the records are unavailable to view from the 1930s onwards. Thus, we did the radio broadcast to see if there was anybody who had any family stories to share about their experiences of breast cancer surgery in the twentieth century.

If you want to share a story, I would love to hear from you, in a comment or by email. 

My email address is lessangermoresmile@yahoo.com.

With grateful thanks - Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment